Updated: Nov 3, 2019
I have had a few questions about baking with cocoa butter so I thought I should drop my first recipe. I am still working on the cocoa powder but it's coming soon!!!
This is a VERY versatile recipe, you can always feel free to mix things up and make it your own.
about 12 to 15 muffins.
Optional ingredients: Berries, nuts, coconut...ETC
1) All purpose flour (2 cups)
2) Baking powder (3 teaspoons)
3) Salt (1/2 Teaspoons)
4) White sugar (3/4 cup) **** or.. 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar****
NOTE: you can play with this a little bit depending on your preference
5) Milk (1 cup)
6) Cocoa butter (50g)
7) OPTIONAL: Cocoa powder (3 - 4 tablespoons)
8) Egg (1) OR
9) Banana (1 large)
11) OPTIONAL: Vanilla extract
Directions: 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees c)
2) Combine the dry ingredients
3) Put the milk on low heat and add the cocoa butter, allow to melt slowly and continue to stir (add the vanilla extract if you're using it).
4) Allow the milk and cocoa butter to cool slightly (warm to the touch)
5) Combine with the dry ingredients
6) Use a fork to break the banana (HINT: leave some clumps for a yummy surprise in your muffin!)
7) Fold in the banana
8) If you're using egg, SKIP STEPS 6 & 7 and add the egg to the recipe
9) Add other optional ingredients (nuts, fruits etc!)
10) Put in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 - 20 mins (HINT: use the toothpick test - if it's sticks, its not ready)